Saturday, December 25, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM UNABASHED LEFT

Merry Christmas
to Everyone the world over, and I can say that because we have
readers now the world over. I have readers in such nations as the
People's Republic of China, the Russian Federation, and Iran; where to read
articles by someone in CT calling himself Unabashed Left is
a risky business, indeed. I am inspired by my readers,
especially by those who take risks to read my literary production.
So more so than anyone, thank you to every single person who has taken the time to read even a single of these 1st Amendment celebrations
that I prefer to call essays rather than blogs.

I also need to take the time to thank several people from the
very real world, whom I've been blessed with having the opportunity to cull
from the so-called "virtual" world.  First and foremost is my very best
online friend, and one of the best friends a human could possibly hope to have, a woman of rare virtue, grace, moral values and family
values way beyond her years, Ms. Roxii Marii.
Memori Layne informed me the other day that she is changing
her name legally. Memori Layne is an inspiration and a solid citizen,
also such a tower of a woman that she defies my own
meager mind.


Deb Mut-Erickson, Maurene Wood[Mo], and Michelle Douglas are
friends of canines, trainers or tireless advocates for little and/or no
pay often and less in the way of credit or public acknowledgements,
nor do they seek them[it is their humility, like our canine friends,
that inspires me more than most here, perhaps] whom I've grown
to love admire and respect more this year than in years
prior, and funny thing,
these people are the only ones
I've known from years past in the non-virtual world!
Remember to donate today to:

And I want to thank all the "friends of Bill's" out there, you
know who you are. I AM a pacifist, and that matters more than
most this holiday season in particular. Thanks to all those who voted
in the US Senate for the START treaty this week, especially
those on the other side of the aisle, tough vote for you to make
I'm certain.  There is no red nor blue.  All an illusion, different
forms of radiation, like ultraviolet vs. infrared. No blue nor
red states. Just people.  So we depart from our tongue-in-cheek blue
font for Christmas for you Republicans in the US Senate
who voted to START the START treaty! Thank God for
real Republicans, where the Heck would we be
as a nation or planet without the legacy of
Honest Abe?

So, as a pacifist, I prefer packing a copy of my 'Smith & Wilson' instead
of a 'Smith & Wesson.'
Thanks to Bill Wilson and Dr. Bob Smith.

Thanks to Julie Kindle Driscoll for referring me to Examiner.com 
where I'm now their Connecticut Government Examiner and my link is:
I'm now blessed with the opportunity to witness first hand
the inauguration of Connecticut Governor-elect Dan Malloy
on Jan. 5th.  Those familiar with my past know why
I should have nothing but gratitude for such an
opportunity. Thanks to all those in
public service, Dan included,
Barack and Eric Holder
in particular this year,
sacrifices of a
huge variety
are involved.
Finally,
a
shout-out to the Reason for the Season,
my personal Lord and Savior,
Jesus
who
happens
to be
for me
the 1
the only
true
Christ
!!!

Here is a man who was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He grew up in another obscure village, where he worked in a carpenters' shop until he was thirty. Then for three years he was an itinerant preacher.

He never wrote a book. He never held an office. He never had a family or owned a home. He never set foot inside a big city. He never traveled two hundred miles from the place he was born. He did none of the things that usually accompany greatness.

While He was still a young man, the tide of popular opinion turned against him. His friends deserted him. He was turned over to his enemies, and went through the mockery of a trial.  He was nailed to a cross between two thieves. While he was dying, his executioners gambled for the only piece of property he had--his coat.

When he was dead, he was taken down and laid in a borrowed grave.

Nineteen centuries have come and gone, and today he is the central figure for much of the human race.  All the armies that ever marched, and all the navies that ever sailed, and all the parliaments that ever sat, and all the kings that ever reigned, put together, have not affected the life of people as powerfully as this
"ONE SOLITARY LIFE."
-Anonymous


Oodles of years ago, I was once again confused in life, and I asked my Lord
just how much He thought He loved me.  He was teaching me about
my assigned mission in life which is to learn all about
Unconditional Love.
So when I asked Him, challenging Him really, defying Him
yet again more than anything else...
When I asked Jesus just how much He loves me
He stretched out his arms as far as they could possibly go and then
He died.

In Jesus' precious name I pray, for you and for all those you love and for those you may imagine that you don't love or imagine they don't love you, in Jesus' precious name, and whose blood was shed
for the forgiveness of my sins,
Amen
and
Merry Christmas
Joy to the World
The Lord Is Come
Let Earth Beseech Her
King
Hallelujia
Hosanna
Hosanna
In
The
Highest
Indeed
ABSOLUTELY
Right
Roxii
???


1 comment:

Unabashed Left said...

Praise The Lord, pleeeeze, and pass them bisquits! Hurry--we ain't even had the stuffin' nor the gravy down here yet! To Rev. Paige Besse-Rankin, Rev. Pat Portley, Rev. Gordon Rankin, Rev. Fredd Ward, and to Pastor Alfred Watts: Joy to You and Me! To Rev. Jeremiah Wright, many pray for you, in gratitude for your awesome ministry in Chicago over the years and the solid parishioner you helped to mold in brother Barack. TY Rev. Wright for all your personal sacrifices. In Jesus' name, amen to that one for sure!