1) Constructive and loving dialogue.
2) Civil dialogue and compromise.
3) Entrenchment, deciding no compromise is possible, and engaging in gritted teeth dialogue to buy time and to posture.
4) Raising of voices
6) Straying from the issues disagreed upon and personalizing the discussion--characterizing the other in personally derogatory terms.
7) Incorporating vulgarity and swearing into the 'dialogue' which is no longer a dialogue but two or more monologues aimed at intimidation.
8) Verbal threats.
9) Physical intimidation.
10) Physical threats.
11) The first assault.
12) The counter strike.