Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MY WAR STORY

Please click this link to The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill by The Beatles and listen
as you look:


Hi everybody! It's me, Lisa! :)
How are you?
Happy, I hope?
I am. Mommie took me to talk to my Congersman 2day!
I wanted to talk to him about war.
I don't like war at all, it gets me real mad. I think its dumb.
People die and stuff. They shoot each other and bomb each other
and I hear they even torture kids and stuff! Horrible, terrible things
to do to people and my Congersman, his name is
John Bunk, causes a lot of it. I know, I read the newspaper every day.
:)
Congersman Bunk looked kinda funny ifya ask me. It sure looked
like he had make-up on. And his hands were all soft and he kept
rubbin' em. I asked Mr. Bunk, and he said he used to be a hand model.
That's funny. I laughed. He made a mean face.
Shhh. I'm LOL'ing right now.
;-)
He wuz dressed perty funny 2! He had on this get-up with a jacket
and this stiff shirt that looked like he wuz choking.
Then he had a piece of cloth around the collar of the shirt that
was tied real tight around his neck.
I asked him what the cloth wuz 4.
He said it wuz decoration to make him look gudd.
Shhh, again.
It made him look funny!
Shehehehehe.
Hahahaha.
Don't tell him I said so.

I just wore my jeans. Plain. I like bell-bottoms becuz
I don't hafta take off my shoes if I hafta change into
my gym shorts or sumthin.
I didn't wear a jacket or tie.
;-)
So this is what we said to each other:
Me: Hi Congersman Bunk. I'm Lisa. I want to ask you a question.
Congersman Bunk:  Go ahead Lisa. Thank you for coming today.
Me: You're welcome. Why do you like war, Congersman Bunk?
Congersman Bunk: I don't like war at all Lisa. Unfortunately, we
have enemies and must have an army to defend ourselves. I wish
our service men and women didn't have to go into
harm's way.
Me: WRONG, Congersman Bunk!!! We don't have
all the enemies you say. We travel all over the world to
have wars. We have our wars in other peoples' countries.
You can't fool me MISTER Bunk!
I'm smart!
War causes people to die, they rot and stink.
Kids die!!! Animals do too!
You make excuses all the time.
I read that you make money on oil and own part of some
weapon companies. I think you do it to get
famous, popular and make money!
Congersman Bunk: Now Lisa, you can't believe everything you
read in the paper. You're young and don't understand everything
involved in important decisions about war and peace.
Me: You're horrible to say that!!! Just cuz I'm young, doesn't mean
I don't understand. YOU don't understand Mr. Bunk! It's YOU! YOU! How dare
you Mr. Bunk! You wanted to keep on building nuclear bombs
even though we made a deal with everyone in Russia to
cut down and maybe get rid of 'em! That's terrible!
There's no reason for nuclear bombs!
You're just being dumb.
You used to support talking with Russia and changed your
mind because you think it will get you elected President, huh?
I know!! I know!
It's just cuz you wanna be President!
Congersman Bunk: Now, now Lisa. I have no higher political goal than
to be your Senator. We have foreign enemies who
seek our destruction and must defend ourselves.
Me: That's BUNK[I giggled a little inside when I said that]!
You and all your friends just want to be powerful and control
everybody with money or whatever you can. You're in it for you only,
MISTER BUNK!!!
Me: Stop spending money on tanks, and planes, and missiles and bombs
and killing people NOW! Stop war. You can do it. You have the
power!
Stop the killing, Stop it now.

Now you can click on this song called Happiness Is A Warm Gun, also The Beatles.


Me: Your planes are dumb, your guns are dumb and so are you
Mister Bunk.
Just get out of Washington, go home and stay home, Mister Bunk
and leave everyone alone. I wanna live. I don't like uniforms
and I don't wanna go to war. I hate war!
Me: I know. I'm smart. You and your friends just do it for the money!!! You're
a jerk. A real jerk, Congersman Bunk!!!
Me: Reverend Sara told me about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
A bunch of guys like you wearing ties and uniforms decided
to kill hundreds of thousands of people who didn't even OWN guns
in one minute. That's horrible. End the nukes, please you jerko!
You always say in the paper and on TV you're a Christian. I don't think
He likes what you do AT ALL!!!
Reverend Sara says war is never the answer.
You say it is.
I believe Reverend Sara,
NOT YOU!!!
Me: I wanna dump all your tanks and guns into a ditch, and take all
your power and money away now!
And I sure will!
You just mark my words,
MISTER BUNK!!!
Me: I'm gonna end war and stuff, and get people like you out of
power and make you poor for a change instead of
you being the rich guys.
Do you like soup kitchens,
Mister Bunk?
I'm gonna put you into a soup line Mr. Bunk.
Mister Bunk:
Give Peace A Chance!
Mommie and I left Congersman Bunk's office.
And Mommie and I,
we hugged, and hugged and hugged.
The end again.
For now.

1 comment: