Saturday, January 14, 2012

WHEN A NOTARY DOES IT, THAT MEANS IT IS NOT ILLEGAL

My brand new Notary Public Paraphernalia
How do you Tea Baggin' Thieves Sleep
John Lennon

When a Notary Does it That Means That it is not Illegal
Former President Richard Nixon discussed his “philosophy” of executive power with David Frost after he left office and signed on the dotted line for millions of dollars in a series of ludicrous interviews, now safe from prosecution thanks to a pardon from hand-picked successor Gerald Ford. He said “When the president does it, that means that it is not illegal.”
Well, I recently became a Notary Public (the photo is of my Notary arsenal) and was struck by the similarities in the oaths of office between myself and the one that Presidents of the United States take. To wit:
Constitutional Presidential Oath:  I, ______ , do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
Connecticut Notary Oath:  I, _______ , do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the State of Connecticut and that I will faithfully discharge, according to law, the duties of the office of notary public to the best of my abilities. So help me God.
WE GOTTA STOP THESE REPUBLICANS FROM POOPING
ALL OVER US AGAIN!
So this got me to thinking.  It seems all U.S. Presidents, once in office, seem to like an expansive view of the powers of the presidency. None of them like the War Powers Act once they are in office. They tend to wish they could circumvent the courts to wiretap citizens. They all like the pocket veto once they’re in. Especially Republithieves in the Nixonian tradition.
Under Connecticut state statute I am authorized to witness acknowledgements that other nutmeggers are signing documents of their own free will, can administer certain oaths, and can even under certain circumstances issue subpoenas. That’s about it.
I’m beginning to wonder whether a more expansive view of notarial powers might be in order. With the presidential campaign in full swing now, let’s remember Nixon. And the not so proud tradition of the Republithief party to abrogate power, just as did Nixon with his crimes, Ray-gun with his record arms race and Dubya with his lies to get us into wars and then illegally wiretapping our own citizens once again.
On second thought, I promise, as a Connecticut Notary Public to take a literal view of the office. If the President OR a Notary does it, they ARE subject to the law, including criminal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law.

1 comment:

Nagisa Design said...

Great blog youu have here